There are several pros/cons to working from home. The pros are pretty obvious:
- no commute
- no "boss" over your shoulder
- eat whenever and whatever you want
- shower in the morning…or not
- no dress code
- work whenever best fits your schedule (depending on what you do)
- ability to run errands during 9-to-5
The cons, while few, have the ability to sink your business if you don’t address them immediately:
- remaining motivated while working
- ability to handle the lack of "water cooler" chatting without spending all day on forums or IM looking for someone to kibbitz with
- ability to treat your business as a BUSINESS and not as your life
I was reflecting on these this morning as my neighbors were all rushing off to work and I was walking around the yard clipping fresh roses for my desk (5 bushes are simultaneously blooming) as I prepare to work on a speech I’m giving next week for the New England Holistic Chamber of Commerce on Conscious Marketing: How to Get More Clients, More Often without Selling.
In addition to all the other benefits, working from home is really about the simple pleasures.
Enjoy your day,